Upcoming Special Collections
Biomarkers of Acute Kidney Injury and Chronic Kidney Disease — Accepting submissions through July 1, 2017
Edited by Dr. Jeffrey Meeusen
The Journal of Applied Laboratory Medicine (JALM) is pleased to announce its second special collection: Biomarkers of Acute Kidney Injury and Chronic Kidney Disease. This collection seeks to include articles on the applications of biomarkers in diagnosing and managing kidney disease, pathophysiology of renal disease, genetics, hemodynamics, and immunology.
Seeking submissions in the following areas:
- The application of biomarkers in the diagnosis and management of chronic kidney disease
- The role of biomarkers in early detection of kidney disease
- Testing methodology for the detection of kidney disease and injury
- Pathophysiology of kidney disease
- Analytical considerations for testing
Upcoming Special Issues
Laboratory Support of Pain Management — Accepting submissions through June 1, 2017
Edited by Drs. Paul Jannetto and Loralie Langman
The Journal of Applied Laboratory Medicine (JALM) is pleased to announce an upcoming special issue titled “Using Clinical Laboratory Tests to Monitor Drug Therapy in Pain Management Patients.” This issue will include articles on clinical practice trends, the utility of specimen validity testing, the economics for pain management testing, and will highlight the technical and clinical challenges associated with lab testing.
- Role of point-of-care and physician operated labs in pain management testing.
- Role of alternate matrices in pain management testing.
- Role of medical marijuana testing and use in pain management treatment
- Scope of testing for pain management: Clinical utility of NPS and other designer drugs.
- Economics and clinical utility of pain management testing.
- Role of genetic testing in pain management patients.
- Analytical considerations for pain management testing.
Recent Special Collections
The Journal of Applied Laboratory Medicine (JALM) published its first special collection featuring Best Practices and tools for the application of biomarkers in the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular disease. The collection includes articles on natriuretic peptide measurement, high sensitivity cardiac troponin testing, and the use of heart failure management recommendations in laboratory practice.